ESSE(Engineering Software Skills Enhancement)
前天找到的在Ontario Bridge Training里有一个是Humber提供的ECCE的program. 是针对 MECHANICAL, CIVIL AND ELECTRICAL的。我是属于Mechanical的。
The Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is pleased to offer a FREE part time, 2-semester program that will provide internationally trained engineers with training in the latest technical and software skills in demand by Ontario employers:
- AutoCAD (Electrical and Civil)
- Project Management
- WHMIS/Codes/Licensing and Professional Standards
- Career Planning
- Canadian Electrical Codes
- Computer Aided Estimating
- PLC (Programmable Logic Control)
- Control Systems and Simulations
- Ontario Building Code (OBC) - Part 9
The program focuses on MECHANICAL, CIVIL AND ELECTRICAL Engineering.
The program includes job search assistance, educational counselling, enhancement of workplace communication skills and on-going assistance to help you connect with employers.
- Be a Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee or Canadian Citizen
- Internationally trained engineer in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical disciplines
- Have educational qualifications outside of Canada with a minimum equivalency to a 4-year Canadian Bachelors degree
- Must achieve a Canadian Language Benchmark Level 7/8
- Have up to date engineering experience in a related field
- Possess good computer literacy skills in MS Office Suite
- Successfully complete an application interview
• Thank you for your interest in the Engineering Software Skills Enhancement (ESSE) Program. The program is offered for Civil, Electrical and Mechanical engineers who are newcomers to Canada. The program is 22 weeks over two semesters and is part time. Classes usually run in the evenings from Monday to Thursday, and also on Saturday mornings.
• To apply for the program, you will need to attend an information session and complete an application form. Unfortunately we are not accepting any applications at this moment. Please contact us again in May or check our website for info-session updates:
We cannot guarantee we will be offering the program any time soon. We are still waiting on the Ministry’s decision to continue with the program or not.
We will post the Ministry’s decision on our website as soon as we hear back from them.
今天收到来信说新的一期要开课了，但是只针对for Civil and Electrical engineers only.
This email is to inform you that we will be offering the ESSE program in August for Civil and Electrical engineers only. Therefore, if neither of those streams relates to you, there is no need to come to the info-session.
We have registered you for the info-session below. Please confirm your attendance as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in the Engineering Software Skills Enhancement Program for professionally trained newcomers at the Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, School of Applied Technology.
This is to confirm your participation at the Information Session for the above program.
Date: Wednesday, June 19th 2013 Time: 2:00pm
Location: Humber College, North Campus, 205 Humber College Boulevard, in F113
(You may enter at the Registration Entrance - Please see maps for directions)
For the Information Session, please bring the following:
· A detailed chronological resume outlining your engineering experience
· A copy of your Immigration (Residency) status card (to be verified against the original)
· A copy of your English Language assessment test results (only Canadian Language Benchmark-CLB, will be accepted). Kindly note, If you have not undergone a CLB testing, you are still eligible to apply for our program. We will provide you with a referral letter at the time of the Information session, which would enable you to do the test, free of charge.
· A copy of your Academic credential evaluation for Canadian equivalency. You may get an online preliminary equivalency done through World Education Services (WES) for a fee of $25. Kindly note these fees are not covered by the program and would need to be borne by the participant. Please visit their website: http://www.wes.org/ca/students/preliminary.asp
The other organizations offering credential evaluation are as below:
· Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
· Canadian Council for Professional Engineering (CCPE) or Engineers Canada
· Comparative Education Services at the University of Toronto
· International Credential Assessment Services (ICAS)
For directions, bus schedules and parking information, please visit the following links
我不是Civil 或者 Electrical engineers 背景的，所以就回复说这次不参加了。等着针对Mechanical Engineer的那期。